As I prepare to say a fond farewell to 2011 and a cheery howdy to
I've been looking back at ALL the books I've read this year and realized I've had the pleasure and joy of reading some flippin' awesome and fantabulous books this year!
And, as I sit here trying to come up with a top ten list of my favorite reads I've realized that that is an almost impossible task O_O
But, I did it...sorta. I did come up with a top ten list, but I kinda cheated by only counting certain series as one book :P
Oh and I had to do two list: one for YA and one for MG.
But hey, I did do it! So here they are...
Top 10 YA Reads of 2011
*these are books I've read in 2011 but may not have been published in 2011*
In absolutely no particular order:
1. Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi
2. Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake
3. Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor
4. Whirl by Emma Raveling
5. Obsidian by Jennifer Armentrout
6. The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
7. Warm Delicacy Series by Megan Duncan
8. The Protectors Saga by P.M. Dooling
9. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
10. A Song of Ice and Fire Series by George R.R. Martin
Top MG/KidsLit Reads
in no particular order
Scary School by Derek the Ghost
Liesl & Po by Lauren Oliver
The Son of Neptune by Rick Riordan
Peter Nimble and His Fantastic Eyes by Jonathan Auxier
(Did I mention I've read A LOT of great books this year?!)
The Waking Grove by E.S. Lark
The Soulkeepers Series by G.P. Ching
Hunted by Cheryl Rainfield
The Faerie Ring by Kiki Hamilton
Open Minds by Susan Kaye Quinn
So, what do ya think of my lists? What were your favorite reads of 2011?!
I can't wait to do this again a year from now...ya know, unless that whole 2012 Apocalypse, end of the world thingie happens ;)