Author Assistant Services

Are you an author in need of help and looking for an assistant on a full-time, part-time, or as-needed basis? Well, then I'm your gal! Learn more about the services I provide HERE.

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Teaser Tuesdays (22): Oppression by Jessica Therrien


Teaser Tuesdays... is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

I haven't started this book yet (but will soon), but here's a teaser for you AND me...



"Her curiosity was not surprising. The box was a beautiful dusty gold color with carved floral patterns running along its surface. It was closed securely with an elaborate latch that held it shut like a treasure chest. A box like this was bound to hold answers to buried family secrets."
Oppression (Children of the Gods #1)
Jessica Therrien
2/28/12

Oppression (Children of the Gods, #1)




YOUR TURN TO TEASE ME! LEAVE LINKS IN THE COMMENTS :)

5 comments:

Vidya-BooksAreMagic said...

My teaser! I am new to this meme (and blogging too! :)). But, I think this is an interesting meme. Now, that I have seen the two lines (I read almost half the page..can't stop myself. :( ), I want to read this book immediately. I hate full-time job! Here's my Teaser.

Vidya @ Books Are Magic

Jessica ( frellathon ) said...

Oh secrets

Vicky said...

Wow, how interesting! I wonder what's in there. Great teaser!

Here's my teaser for this week.

Vicky
Books, Biscuits & Tea

Amy said...

Very descriptive teaser. Sounds like an interesting book. Here's my Teaser Tuesday

Zitmarie♥ said...

Great teaser! Makes us wander what is in the box. Here is mine: http://wordsfeelingssilence.blogspot.com/2012/01/teaser-tuesday-million-suns-across.html