I recently had the chance to try out Penguin Young Readers new app, Who Was? Adventure, and I LOVE it! This fun, visually appealing, educational app will entertain both kids and adults. Read all about the app and more below...
WHO WAS ADVENTURE
Priced at only $1.99, this 100% child-safe, COPPA compliant app features:
- 4,500+ questions taken from the books to put your knowledge to the test—more than some of your favorite classic trivia games.
- 85 levels of Adventure mode; complete the tasks and collect rewards as you play.
- Endless play in Arcade mode; try to beat your family and friends’ high scores!
- Power-ups to improve your scoreand help you beat levels.
- Learn before you play: timelines and facts from thebooksat the start of eachlevel.
- Beautiful, fun design, music,and sound effects.
- Premium game with no ads,in-app purchases, or external links
The Who Was? Adventure App was created by the awesome Makeable. Founded in 2007, Makeable is a leading innovation company based in New York City. Makeable partners with some of the world’s most interesting and innovative companies––from the Fortune 500 and leading brands across almost every industry to high growth, venture backed start ups. . From creating and launching new businesses, to developing products and services that market themselves, to disruptive branding and marketing, Makeable designs and delivers profitable growth by making design and technology connect . More information can be found at www.itsmakeable.com.
“THE WHO WAS…? INSANELY AWESOME TRIVIA SHOW!”
Penguin Young Readers has partnered with the acclaimed educationand media group, Story Pirates, to bring schools across America a hilarious, educational performance that students and teachers alike will love! Featuring trivia from 23 titles in the Who Was…?series, this school-wide, game show-style event pits studentsagainst the show host (“The Smartest Person in the World”) to see who knows the most about fascinating people of the past and present. Visiting thousands of students in more than 20 cities across 12 states, the tour will runs from April 13 –May 15, 2015.
INTRODUCING WHERE IS…?
A companion series focusing on historically and culturally significant locations around the world, Where Is…? launched on February 5, 2015 with the simultaneous publication of Where is the White House?, Where is the Grand Canyon?, Where is the Great Wall?, and Where is Mount Rushmore?
Each Where Is…? book tells the story of a famous place, and includes fascinating trivia, such as:
- It was the dream of George Washington to have an elegant "presidential mansion" in the capital city that was named after him—but he is the only president who never got to live there!
- Because of the spectacular colors in its rock layers and fascinating formations of boulders, buttes, and mesas, the Grand Canyon is known as one of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World.
- If the original Great Wall were placed in North America, it would reach from the tip of Florida all the way to the North Pole!
- It was world-famous sculptor Gutzon Borglum's dream to carve sixty-foot-high likenesses of four presidents on a granite cliff in South Dakota. Sound like a wacky idea? Many at the time thought so!
100TH BOOK: WHO WAS STEVE IRWIN?