I'm thrilled to be participating in the Lost Eden Book Blitz today! G.P. Ching's Soulkeepers Series is one of my favorites! You can read my reviews of book one, book two, book three, and book four. Below you can read an excerpt of book five, check out a guest post, and enter to win a book in the series...
by G.P. Ching
(The Soulkeepers #5)
Genres: Paranormal, Young Adult
Rules. Balance. Consequences. War.
When Fate gave Dane the water from Eden to drink, she did more than save his life. She changed his destiny.
Since the beginning, a compact between God and Lucifer has maintained a tenuous peace, balancing Soulkeepers and Watchers and the natural order of things. Dane upset that balance the day he became a Soulkeeper. Fate broke the rules.
Now, Lucifer is demanding a consequence, requiring Fate to pay the ultimate price for her involvement. God intervenes on the immortal’s behalf but in order to save her soul must dissolve the compact and with it the rules, order, and balance that have kept the peace. A challenge is issued. A contest for human souls begins. And the stakes? Earth. Winner take all.
The Soulkeepers are at the center of a war between Heaven and Hell, and this time, nobody, anywhere, is safe from Lucifer’s reach.
from Lost Eden
As Fatima rose from the dirt, she noticed a patch of black mold where the ceiling met the front wall in the upper corner of her stucco manse. Her home was a product of her consciousness, constructed of her thoughts and will, but this was not hers. She did not invite the darkness. This was something other, something dangerous. The black mold spread, down the corner of the wall to the floor and then mushroomed, reproducing to the size of a grapefruit, a bowling ball, a bush. Fatima backed away, taking her place behind God who held Her ground faithfully.
With a final sprout of growth, the black fuzz paled and hardened, and a man in a shiny gray business suit stepped from the darkness. His blonde curls set off his lapis eyes, and the perfect smile he gave took Fatima’s breath away. But his expression was icy and his posture arrogant. Lucifer.
“I see you are expecting me,” he rasped, his voice holding the sizzle of Hell and his breath the hint of brimstone. Fatima covered her mouth and nose with her hand.
“Say what you came to say,” God said. Her glow increased, pressing his darkness back toward the wall.
He blinked rapidly and then shifted his eyes downward, smoothing his perfectly tailored suit. “I demand a consequence.”
“State your reasoning.”
“Your immortal has broken the law. She has created a Soulkeeper of her own will, and disrupted the balance by sending that soul to attack me in my own dominion.”
“Were you not also to blame, Lucifer? Did you not break our agreement first? Even now, I sense your minions on Earth, in clear violation.”
He gave a half smile and slid his hands into his pockets, pacing toward the archway to the veranda. “No. I did nothing of the sort.”
“Yes, I do. It is my nature and as such, should be expected. I am entitled to a consequence, and I will not back down until I have my just due.”
5 Ways to be a Soulkeeper this Holiday
by G.P Ching
It seems like only yesterday I was releasing the first book in my Soulkeepers series. Releasing book 5 is almost surreal. As I prepare to complete the series, I’m reminded of what it means to be a Soulkeeper and how thankful I am for the real-life Soulkeepers out there. Here are five ways you can be a Soulkeeper this holiday season.
- 1. Bell Ringing- two hours of your time could go a long way toward raising funds for the Salvation Army, an organization that houses and feeds the most vulnerable among us. It’s fun, easy, and the Salvation Army makes it simple to sign up for a slot. Visit this site for more information http://salvationarmynorth.org/volunteer/bellringing .
- 2. Collect and Donate – Coats for the homeless and cans for the food drive are things you might do every year, but don’t forget your local Humane Society. Homeless dogs and cats need love too. Many times humane societies need used towels and blankets for the care of the animals. (Call yours first to check for their specific needs.)
- 3. Deck the Halls- Many retirement home residents don’t have family and often the home itself can’t afford the time or expense of decorating. Check with your local hospitals and convalescent homes for opportunities to use your crafty talents to spread the holiday cheer.
- 4. Provide, Cook, or Serve a Meal- Chances are your local mission has opportunities to help with serving meals this holiday. Usually you have the choice of donating toward the cost of the meal, helping to cook, or serving the residents.
- 5. Reach out – To the person in your life that needs a friend. Charity starts at home. Think about the neighbor or family member most in need of compassion and offer it. Sometimes just extending an invitation to dinner can make a huge difference.
There’s no better way to relax after a day of charitable giving than with a good book! I’m so excited to bring you this installment in the series. I hope you will find some time to enjoy Lost Eden.
G.P. Ching is the author of The Soulkeepers Series, Grounded, and a variety of short fiction. She specializes in cross-genre paranormal stories, loves old cemeteries, and enjoys a good ghost tour. She lives in central Illinois with her husband, two children, and one very demanding Brittany Spaniel. Visit her at www.gpching.com and www.
Win an ebook copy of one of G.P. Ching's books!
One winner will win their choice of an ebook copy of one of the following titles
The Soulkeepers #1
The Soulkeepers #1
-one winner will win their choice of one ebook
-will end 11/28
-must be 13+, one free entry per person
-winner will be emailed and must claim prize within 48 hours
Fill out the Rafflecopter form:
This blitz is hosted/organized by: