I'm so thrilled to have the Freedom Road Blog Tour stopping by today! Below you'll find more info about the book, a fan guest post from author T.M. Souders, and a prize pack giveaway...
by T.M. Souders
**FINALIST, USA Book Awards, Young Adult Fiction, 2012**
**FINALIST, Next Generation Indie Awards, Young Adult Fiction, 2013**
**Second Place/Quarter-Finalist in the YA category of the Amazon Breakthrough Novel Awards**
A father’s selfish demands, broken booze bottles, and unconscious mothers are everyday fixtures in eighteen-year-old Samantha Becker’s life. Armed with her guitar and music to keep her comfort in a volatile world, Sam’s one dream to study classical guitar at Juilliard may very well be her salvation. But when her father’s careless actions lead to an “accident,” Sam’s ability to play the guitar dies along with her dreams of attending the renowned school. Losing all confidence in her future, Sam hides behind the emotional barriers that have protected her for years.
Just when Sam has given up, a budding friendship and an unexpected romance give her the hope she needs, forcing her to reevaluate all she’s ever known. With fresh conviction, Sam battles her father’s plans for her future, band mates using her for personal gain, and a permanent injury. But will it be enough? Julliard auditions are almost here. Time’s running out, and Sam must re-learn to play the guitar or give up her dreams forever.
On SALE for a limited time! ONLY 99 Cents
10 Things You May Not Know About Writers
by T.M. Souders
Every writer is different, we have different methods of writing (pantsing or outlining), different voices, different styles, and we write different genres. But there are many common threads among us. So, I made a list of the “10 things you may not know about writers.” Some of these are humorous, but for me and many other authors, they’re so true!
- We get lost while driving because we’re thinking about a new story or just came up with some kick-butt dialogue.
- Just one heartfelt review from a reader can turn our day from a zero to amazing in a minute. (Hint: Readers, if you love a book, take the time and reach out to the author!)
- When we’re writing, we sometimes catch ourselves making a face or acting out an expression to make sure we’ve written it correctly.
- Our idea of a great day is having a clear schedule, no kids around, and no distractions so we can spend all day writing!
- We have a million ideas floating around in our head, but not enough time to write all of them! Never enough time!
- We can go through our own books a million times and still find things that we would change.
- You have whole days where you never change out of your pajamas.
- It’s a huge faux pas in most writing communities to admit that you liked 50 Shades of Grey or Twilight.
- The anticipation of release day has the ability to turn us into complete nutcases. We go on a “new release” when our new book comes out from excitement and nerves. A week later, we crash.
- We’ve got our priorities straight. There’s a sink full of dishes, dinner to make, and a years’ worth of laundry to do, but what are we doing? Writing! Duh.
T.M. Souders was born in Johnstown, PA and grew up in the suburbs outside of Pittsburgh. She graduated in 2004, from Youngstown State University, with a degree in Psychology and minor in Women’s Studies. She is the author of bestselling women’s fiction novel, Waiting on Hope, as well as the novelette Dashing Through The Snow, and the three-time, award-winning YA novel, Freedom Road. She is the founder of The Serious Reader, a site dedicated to connecting with readers one book at a time. She currently lives in rural Ohio with her husband and children. You can visit the author and chat at her site http://www.tmsouders.com/
Win a Freedom Road Prize Pack!
- One 15oz. "I Love Freedom Road" Fan Mug
- A pair of purple teardrop earrings
- A CD of Samantha Becker's (the main character's) favorite Indie Music
- Sam's favorite YA book, "Revolution" in hardback by Jennifer Donnelly
- A red, reusable cold drink tumbler with straw
- 3 pack of mini notebooks with pen
- 4 pack of mini candles
- 3 pack of flip flop car air fresheners
- Candy: Mike 'n Ikes, Peanut M&M's, SweetTarts
- TM Souders bookmark & a personalized note from the author to YOU!